Telephone and e-mail “scams” are becoming widespread; here are 5 tips for avoiding becoming a victim.=
- Always remember that a phone call, text or e-mail may not be genuine, even though it seems to be – the con-merchants are good at that sort of thing.
- Never disclose any security details or personal information.
- Listen to and trust your instincts.
- Never be rushed or pressurised into making a decision.
- Stay in control; if you’re not happy about the situation, terminate.
You can find more advice at takefive-stopfraud.org.uk/advice.