To help you protect your homes and make your properties burglar proof follow the simple steps below:
- Keep hedges and walls at the front of your house low (under 1 meter) so burglars have nowhere to hide.
- Keep side gates locked at all times.
- Keep hedges walls and fences around your backyard high (over 1.8 meters). Add lightweight trellis to gates and fences and plant some prickly plants to make it harder for burglars to climb over.
- Gravel driveways and paths make it harder for burglars to go undetected.
- Install an outdoor security light so intruders cannot approach unseen.
- Install a burglar alarm system.
- Secure shed doors and windows.
- Never leave tools lying around as they can be used to break into your property.